Sunday, May 9, 2010

Suds in a bucket...


 I have about three pounds of Goat's Milk soap.  I have had it about two years now and back then decided that I wanted to make soap.  I was terrified to work with Lye so this venture did not last long.

Today I pulled out the soap.  Huge hideous mass of soap.  The perk is that when I cut a tiny piece off, it was so silky and felt awesome on my hands.  Cool!

So I am on a hunt to find a recipe (EASY) that I can convert these big ole chunky bars into liquid soap.

The easiest one by far that I have found is the one on buzzle.com:

How to Make Liquid Soap: Recipe #2

Ingredients Required


•1 Soap bar


•5 tbsp of Olive oil


•Water


Procedure


Here is a easy homemade soap recipe. Grate the soap bar. Now boil 1 cup of water in a cooking bowl or saucepan. Once it boils, add olive oil and grated soap to it. Mix the ingredients well, you can use a blender for this purpose. Heat the mixture again. Add about 3-4 cups of water, stir well and the let it cool down. Fill it up in the liquid soap bottles. You can increase the amount of olive oil if required. You can also add fragrance and colors if desired and mix well, before the mixture cools down
 
Tomorrow I have to be somewhere..busy busy LOL  So Tuesday I am going to see if I do not turn my soap into a gloppy gooey mess. 
 
Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment